Watch Our Fentanyl Hearing Hosted By Supervisor Foley and Chairman Chaffee with Local Law Enforcement, Health Experts, and Policymakers
Read our Press Release about the Fentanyl Hearing: Link
Our Fentanyl Hearing covers the three priority responses to addressing crime prevention and distribution, treatment, and legislative changes needed. Supervisor Foley plans to move forward many of the recommendations at the County Board of Supervisors and advocate for legislative changes to hold the real pushers of the poison accountable at the state and federal levels.
Panel I – Public Safety
- Orange County Sheriff Don Barnes
- Costa Mesa Police Chief Ronald Lawrence
Panel Il – Public Health
- Dr. Clayton Chau, Director of the Orange County Health Care Agency & County Health Officer
- Dr. Veronica Kelley, Chief, Mental Health and Recovery Services, Orange County Health Care Agency
- Matt Holtzman, Chair of the County of Orange Behavioral Health Advisory Board, Chair of Government Relations for NAMI Orange County
Panel III – Public Policy
- California State Assemblymember Cottie Petrie-Norris, 74th District
- California State Senator Patricia Bates, 36th District
- Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer
We encourage the public to provide written public comments before the hearing by submitting their information and questions in the form below. Please note that any written comment submitted will be posted publicly for the record. Members of the public may also offer public comment in person.